Tuesday, December 29, 2009

3D Demo - Final redesign choices

This is a small 3d demo I've slapped together. It's unoptimized, it uses direct sin/cos calls, float point math and the lines are overdrawn twice. I plan to switch to fixed point for math and model representation. Poly filling, textures and lighting are on the menu when I get around to it.

I have ordered some pic32 chips and will build a simple board to test out some features. If all goes well I will be switching to the pic32 for the redesign. The micro I have my eye on is also a 64pin chip. It operates at 80mhz(1.56 dmips), has 512KB of flash and 128KB of ram. Its more powerfull and requires fewer components. I keep changing things around but this time I will stick with the choices I make and build the final device. Also I may switch from pwm audio to a stereo dac and I have found a cheap source for bluetooth modules and will be switching back for this device and my other projects.

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! Can't wait till these come in kits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you are still working on this project!!

    I would love to buy/create one myself!

    The Tome GS looks awesome, and I would totally develop an app or two, possibly some simple games too!

    ReplyDelete